The Boys of Summer Mission
Boys of Summer Baseball is a non-profit limited liability corporation established in 1989. Based out of Northeast Ohio, we are one of Ohio’s oldest premier amateur baseball organizations still in existence today. We aim to field baseball and softball teams at all age groups from 9u through 18u. We compete locally in the Nationally Sanctioned Baseball and Softball Leagues, as well as in local and out of state tournaments against highly competitive teams from throughout the United States and Canada.
Our Mission is to teach the integrity of the games of baseball and softball and to help players understand the greatness of the game while learning the life lessons associated with their sport. To guide and enhance the process of advancing to the college or professional level. To provide the best learning atmosphere, the best competition, and the most fun the games of baseball and softball have to offer.
We accomplish this mission by…
- Reinforcing the positive values that you, as parent(s)/guardian(s), instill in our players, with a great deal of emphasis on attitude, teamwork, hustle, and discipline.
- Providing a year-round program that dramatically accelerates the development and improvement of our player’s skills through instruction from a wide array of knowledgeable, well respected coaches and instructors.
- Continuously searching out new avenues to increase our player’s exposure to next level opportunities where they can showcase their talent against best in class competition.
- Maintaining our rich tradition of winning.
We welcome players, parent(s)/guardian(s) and coaches who are committed to supporting our mission, as well as adhering to all rules and guidelines set forth in our Codes of Conduct and Participation. The Boys of Summer participation cost covers:
- Local league play beginning in late April or early May for younger teams, and as soon as High School baseball players are released for the older teams. High School release typically happens between the end of May and mid-June depending on the success of each individual High School’s program.
- Participation in a local fall double header league, tournament team schedule, (or equivalent) beginning in mid to late-August, ending in early October.
- Fields and equipment for the teams. (Baseballs, training equipment, field rental, umpire fees, etc.)
- State of the art indoor training facility conveniently located between Canton and Cleveland in Cuyahoga Falls
- 5-6 tournaments, with typically at least one out of state tournament.
- Boys/Girls of Summer Baseball uniform and equipment package.
- Ongoing off season training program starting in September until baseball games start in May. Note: OHSAA rules prohibit the older Boys of Summer teams from training during the High School baseball season which typically begins sometime in February.
All funds raised by Boys of Summer, through player participation cost, sponsorships, fund raising, or other means are directly applied to offsetting the costs of running the organization. The owner, board and coaches pledge to continue to improve and streamline operations to make participation with the organization as cost efficient as possible without compromising the integrity of the program.
Gregory Kroah (Email)
Boys of Summer